1.8

I was almost scammed this weekend after paying NextDayPets $10 for two separate puppy profiles for dogs I was looking to buy. I was contacted within hours of the first profile and didn't realize it was a scam. The next day, just 12 hours later, I had created a second puppy profile for different breeds. Again, within hours I received another email from that same scammer and it was identical to the first one, words, typos, number of dogs, age, description, heartbreaking story and all, as if they didn't realize they had just sent me that email for another breed 12 hours earlier. I reported the scam to NextDayPets and asked for a $10 refund because I wasn't comfortable with future contacts from their sellers since they don't do a good enough job verifying identities and authenticity of the sellers.

They claim on their site they work hard to protect their users and use the same verification procedures as eBay and similar companies. I've been a seller on eBay since 2006, and I can tell you their verification is a LOT more stringent and reliable. All Next Day Pets does is verify that you are holding the phone you gave the number for by sending a code to it, (uhhh ... pay as you go phone anyone?) and that you have a Facebook account that they can verify. What a joke. That is NOT what eBay and other reputable sites do to verify identity. Sure, anyone can get through even eBay's identification process, but it is a lot harder a a good deterrent to scammers.

What Next Day Pets did is email me today that they cancelled both my profiles, and that was it. They did not issue any refund, so in all sense and purposes they stole my money because I don't have anything for it. They easily could have processed the refund at the same time and sent that email to, but didn't. What they DID do was remove my user ID/membership from their website, which is free anyway! Even my email address was removed. They had enough time to do THAT, but could not contact me and thank me for providing the details about what happened, assure me it is not what they want happening, and tell me they would take me feedback about their verification of sellers seriously. They did not do any of that.

This company is very unprofessional and HIGHLY untrustworthy, For $10, all they did was provide my information and details to a scammer. I received no other leads or contacts from legitimate breeders or sellers. Then they cancelled my profiles so that I couldn't be contacted by anyone else, BUT kept my money. After this review, I intend to go to every other review site I can, report them to BBB and the Attorney General, and warn everyone I can on any forum I can. Not because $10 is so much money, but because they stole from me and that $10 was more important to them than doing the right thing and doing fair business. I also believe they have something going on behind the scenes that is highly unethical and/or illegal, and potentially are the scammers themselves.

I have attached my email to them reporting the scam and complaining about their poor validation of the identity of sellers, and I then attached the only reply I received from them. I still have not received any refund or any other email.

Review about: Nextdaypets Marketplace.

Comments